Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Nights At The Skating Rink and Friendship

When I was growing up in Mesquite, for some reason I just never wanted to go skating--even though most of my school friends did! A few years back at one of my children's birthday parties--I put some skates on--and I somehow by the grace of God--was able to walk around the rink one time and that was enough!

So tonight when I went to pick up Jayden and Bryson and young David Oldright from Westlake Skate, I was kinda moved. While I am not a skater, I was nonetheless encouraged at seeing those three boys there together--having fun but still looking out for one another. I was reminded of how me and their dads did just that for many years--had lots of fun and looked out for one another.

I had memories of many times--me, Shawn Anthamatten (Bryson's late father) and David Oldright Sr., being just a tad older than our boys--just enjoying the simple things of life and enjoying youth! After Shawn died, my son Jayden said "Dad, don't worry--me, Bryson, and little David will carry on the legacy of our dads."

Watching them tonight at the skating rink--I saw that legacy in place--and it moved my heart so!

God is so good to me and lets me experience many wonderful moments. Tonight was one of them!

Sometimes we just have to enjoy the simple things in life God provides us. Here is what King Solomon said about the simple life:

"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work" (Ecclesiastes 2:24, NIV).

Grace and Peace,

No comments: