Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Great Legacy

I only had the privelige to know Jenny Ross Bizaillion for a few short years when we were at Mesquite Church of Christ and her dad Rick was the minister there. But what I remember, I cherish!

I remember how devoted she always was to her husband--both of them were so young when I met them. They used to come in and eat at CiCi's Pizza when I was a manager there. I remember how excited she was when she was pregnant and how even more excited she was a a new mom. I remember seeing her doting on and being such a sweet sister to her two brothers Josh and Jonathan--two of the finest young men I have ever known! I remember how much she loved her parents and how much they loved her.

I remember that whenever there was a children's activity--you could usually find Jenny there. I remember children following her around in the auditorium after Sunday morning service. I did not quite realize why then, but I know now. They felt loved by her!

So many others who knew her much better, can speak much more eloquently than I could. But I am just thankful I got to know her and her wonderful family. I know that the legacy she has left--of a life spent serving God and her family--will be one her sweet and precious daughter will be so blessed by for many years! Indeed, I believe generations will be blessed because of Jenny's example.

As we contemplate the loss of this beautiful sister, let us remember that we serve a Heavenly Father who also knows about loss. God lost His beloved Son--and watched that Son die an agonizing and painful death. And yet, God raised that Son up three days later. And He will raise up Jenny too! What an awesome God we serve!

Jenny--we hardly knew you--and yet--we know very well--the Jesus Christ who led you those 31 sweet years--and who is leading and guiding you today in your new home! We are jealous--but we look forward to seeing you there one day! Oh happy day!

For the Ross/Bazaillion family--I leave these words from our Savior Jesus Christ:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

No comments: