Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HOPE

Dear Fellow Workers in Christ,

I probably sometimes sound redundant about our Tuesday morning food pantry at our building--but each week is truly a different worship experience! In fact, my vision and desire for Tuesday mornings--is not to be a time of "handing out food--but instead a time of: EVANGELISM, SHARING LOVE, PLANTING SEEDS, GIVING JESUS A GOOD NAME, SINGING PRAISES, PRAYING FOR FOLKS, AND BASICALLY A WORSHIP SERVICE!!!!

Today was so wonderful. When my sister Sherry (who has come so far in her walk with God since she came to me a year plus ago having lost everything due to a gambling addiction and just living a rough life for years) and I pulled up to the church building--there was probably already 25 people standing in line waiting for us to open up. As I was walking up to the building--I am saying hello in english and in spanish--and got so many smiles and faces full of hope and thankfulness--not just from our regulars--but from a few folks that had not been there before. SO MANY PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT USED TO BEING TREATED WITH LOVE AND KINDNESS! Especially the poor. And while we still don't have a spanish interpreter (I use my best "restaurant spanish"), all the spanish speaking folks seem to happy and excited to be there!

And our wonderful volunteer sisters from Highland Oaks Church of Christ along with my sister and a couple from At The Cross that I baptized and married this summer--were all working and serving and helping all these people--a good 45 to 50 people if you include the children and family members who were not getting food. And I sooooo felt like we were in Heaven--with so much love and hope and sooooo many smiles!!! God is sooo goooood!!! I thought of the verse from the Lord's Prayer--"THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN!!!" I felt God's will being done today and it was GOOOOOOOD!!!!

So many more lost souls to reach! So many children who need Jesus! LETS GO!!!

Bruce

1 comment:

Kent Sutherland said...

Great post Bruce. I have asked a lot of people "If Jesus flew into DFW for a visit to the Dallas area, where would he go? what would he do?" I fully believe he would do exactly what you're doing. I praise God for you and James and your families and all you do to praise Jesus.