Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who Is God?

As I work my way through each of our age groups in my congregation--I am spending the next few weeks with the Sr. High teens of my congregation and from Allenhurst Apartments. Not always the easiest group of kids to work with--but I love them dearly! I just finished a stint with a few months with our 3rd through 6th graders and before that had taught our adults for several months.

I am doing a series with these kids who I know struggle with understanding what it means to have a relationship with Jesus--and the series is called "Who Is God?" Tonight we are going to get into the nitty gritty about creation and perhaps what God's desire was with His creation and how much all of us as creators tend to love and adore that which we have created. Thus, I hope to eventually help point these kids to the fact that God is simply--A GOD OF LOVE!

If we don't find a way to help our young people discover who the Lord really is--many will most likely struggle and miss many of the opportunities to enjoy the abundant life Jesus promised!

God is indeed--a God of love!

No comments: