Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Love Watching Baptisms

Tonight--we were about to go eat dinner after Bible class at Allenhurst Apartments--and one of our members--Sarah Medders got a call that her younger brother Caleb was about to be baptized. So we immediately said dinner would have to wait--and went to go watch this young man be born into Jesus Christ!

As I watched Caleb's dad Seburne take his confession, I saw the deep emotion Seburne felt and was expressing--to have the honor of baptizing his last child into Christ. I remembered getting to baptize my two step children--and Jayden's baptism was only about a year and a half ago. My heart was so full of joy for both Caleb and his family.

One of my thoughts after the baptism, was the long line of Godly leaders in his family. Seburne is a deacon in the Lord's church, Caleb's uncle Jeff is a preacher, Caleb's grandad Harvey was an elder and a great evangelist--and I was informed by Caleb's grandmother that there were other great men of the church in the family also.

Don't ever underestimate the example we set and hopefully instill in our children! I praise God for the seeds that were planted in the Medders family many years back! Congratulations brother Caleb! Welcome to the Kingdom of God!

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it (Proverbs 22:6, NIV).

No comments: