Friday, March 5, 2010

Sad Days

Today, a family that has been with me the last four years at Allenhurst Apartments to a rough part of Dallas. It breaks my heart! I baptized three of the kids and the parents over the years--and married the parents this last summer.

We have always had so many families who have come and gone from Allenhurst. So to have a handful of families that have been with us for a few years, are just so very dear to our hearts. Its pretty obvious we will not have the access to the kids we once had and I fear for them.

Sometimes, the kids we work with often become like our own--and its painful when you so want the best for kids and yet--we really have little control over their livese.

So we pray and we pray--that the seeds that were planted while they were a part of our congregation--will one day bloom into the abundant life Jesus promised!

So while I rejoice for the time we had with them--my heart is also heavy right now. Every soul is so precious!

Bruce

No comments: